Be A Part of History!
NAWA, The National Association of Women Artists Invites Applications for their Semi-Annual Membership Drive now through March 15, 2023
Benefits of Membership include but are not limited to:
- First professional women’s art organization established in the U.S.
- A vibrant community of professional women artists with a focus on education, exhibitions and empowerment
- Juried into membership by professionals within the arts industry.
- Cataloged in the NAWA historic archive in major art & cultural institutions and libraries across the US.
- In-person and online at galleries, museums, art centers, libraries & cultural centers throughout the U.S.
- $12,000+ yearly awards given out at numerous exhibitions
- Access to the educational programs offered by NAWA
- Inclusion in the membership directory & gallery on the NAWA website
- Members & events promoted on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube channels
- Opportunity to join NAWA regional chapters for additional exhibition opportunities
NAWA, The National Association of Women Artists was established in 1889 by five women artists in their NYC studio. At the time of its founding, it was the first women’s art organization in this county. Its mission was and continues to be, to raise public awareness and interest in the visual fine art created by women in the United States.
NAWA provides exhibition opportunities throughout the year and throughout the country for its members and promotes culture through events, education, scholarships & awards. The NAWA Catalog is archived in over 10 high-profile institutions, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, The Library of Congress, and more. In addition The Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey holds a permanent collection of NAWA art.
For additional information & to apply visit the NAWA Website at theNAWA.org
15 Gramercy Park South #301
New York NY 10003