CENTER’s annual Calls for Entry for photographers and lens-based artists worldwide is open! Apply online today through the final submission deadline of March 15, 2023, for the Awards, Project Grants, Fiscal Sponsorship, and Portfolio Reviews.
This year's 10 unique Award and Grant packages include $16,000 in direct funding, a winner's exhibition at CCA in Santa Fe, Review Santa Fe admission, public presentation of the winning project, publications with CENTER partners (LENSCRATCH, Analog Forever Magazine, Catalyst Interviews), public presentation, and more. Learn more about the guidelines and jurors online - www.visitcenter.org
- The $5,000 PROJECT DEVELOPMENT GRANT supports a work-in-progress.
- The $5,000 PROJECT LAUNCH GRANT supports a complete or nearly completed series.
- The $5K CALLANAN EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING AWARD honors a high school, college, or postgraduate teacher’s dedication and commitment to their students and field. Educators in all areas of photographic teaching are eligible, including fine art, documentary, history, and criticism.
- The $1,000 ME&EVE GRANT supports a female, non-binary, transgender, or gender non-conforming photographer, 40 years of age and over.
- The EXCELLENCE IN MULTIMEDIA STORYTELLING AWARD recognizes outstanding storytellers using lens-based media to create narrative-driven projects.
- The Personal Awards recognize work engaging in the exploration, expression, the power of self-representation and/or underrepresented experiences.
- The Social Awards recognize work engaged in social issues. All projects exploring social topics or themes are eligible.
- The Environmental Awards recognize work focusing on the state of the ecological environment. Topics may include but are not limited to, conservation, biodiversity, ecology, climate change, or other issues concerning the natural world. All projects exploring ecological relationships, topics, or themes are eligible.
- NEW IN 2023, the BLUE EARTH FISCAL SPONSORSHIP sponsors documentary projects that educate the public about critical environmental and social issues. We are accepting lens-based project proposals allowing photographers to seek grants and tax-deductible donations.
- CENTER’s premier juried portfolio review event, the REVIEW SANTA FE PHOTO SYMPOSIUM, and conference is for photographers and lens-based artists seeking audience expansion, critical discussion, and community connection. The review event is scheduled to take place Nov. 16 - 19, 2023, in historic downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- $5,000 Development Grant: Gail Fletcher • Photo Editor, The Guardian
- $5,000 Launch Grant: Anne Kelly • Gallery Director, photo-eye Gallery
- $5,000 Excellence in Teaching Award: Uche Okpa-Iroha • Founder & Director, Nlele Institute Lagos – 2022 Award Recipient
- $1,000 Me&Eve Grant: Lucy Lippard • Writer, Art Critic, Activist, & Curator
- Excellence in Multimedia Storytelling Award: Sandra M. Stevenson • Deputy Director of Photography, The Washington Post
- Personal Award: Amanda Hajjar • Director of Exhibitions, Fotografiska New York
- Social Award: Nakyung Han • Deputy Photo Editor, Features, The New York Times
- Environmental Award: Quentin Nardi • Chief Photo Editor, Smithsonian magazine
- Blue Earth Fiscal Sponsorship: Selection Committee - Blue Earth Council Members
- Review Santa Fe Photo Symposium: Blind Selection Committee
Have any questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CENTER • PO Box 8372, Santa Fe, NM 87504
2023 Award and Grant Winners Exhibition at the Center for Contemporary Arts in Santa Fe, NM
- 56 reads